Heating and cooling account for almost half of the energy used in homes in the U.S. If you care about saving energy and reducing your carbon footprint, consider installing an energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. New models with advanced technology reduce energy consumption by as much as 75% without compromising comfort. In addition, many models are eligible for rebates. Not only do you save energy, you save money with rebates and reduced utility bills for your Round Rock, TX, home.
Energy-Efficient Heating and Cooling
There are several types of HVAC systems and associated products that keep you comfortable in the humid, hot summers and cold winters in Central Texas.
- Geothermal heat pumps extract heat energy from the ground to heat your home or business during the winter. During the summer, heat is extracted from inside the building and released into the earth. Geothermal heat pumps can reduce energy usage for heating and cooling by up to 75%. Qualifying geothermal heat pumps are eligible for federal tax credits through 2021.
- Air-source heat pumps provide significant energy savings because they use electricity to move heat from one place to another instead of generating heat.
- Ductless mini-split zoned units are great for large homes, offices and multi-family units. Individual blower cassettes are attached to a compressor. Each cassette has its own temperature control. When a room is not in use, the unit can be turned off.
- Dual-stage compressors respond to real-time heating and cooling needs. Traditional air conditioners are either 100% on or off. Dual-stage units run at lower power when less cooling is needed. They maintain consistent temperatures and control humidity using less energy.
- Energy Star certified products include Wi-Fi enabled thermostats and several types of furnaces and heating systems.
- Duct sealing keeps conditioned air from escaping through leaks. According to Energy Star, up to 30% of the air moving through ducts is lost, requiring more energy to provide a comfortable indoor environment. In addition, improperly sized or installed ducts can affect the efficiency of your HVAC system.
More Savings With Whole Home Performance Improvements
According to the Department of Energy, you can save up to 30% on your entire energy bill by upgrading insulation, weatherstripping, sealing ducts and using programmable thermostats. An energy audit by a certified contractor will identify areas in your home that affect energy efficiency, including the building shell, HVAC system, attic insulation, windows and ventilation. The contractor will provide a written assessment and recommend ways to improve energy efficiency.
Fox Service Company Energy-Saving Services
Fox Service Company is an Energy Star-approved contractor. We do energy audits and whole-house assessments for energy efficiency. We also evaluate the heating and cooling system of your home and recommend ways to improve comfort and efficiency. If your unit is more than 10 years old and you have high utility bills, we may recommend replacing it with an energy-efficient model. We also provide duct replacement in Austin and our Central Texas service area.
We often recommend Bryant products because of their ability to perform consistently in the Central Texas climate. However, we also install, service and maintain all brands of heating and cooling equipment. We work closely with Austin Energy’s rebate AC and energy efficiency program and similar programs available in other communities that we serve, including San Marcos. In addition, we keep abreast of current utility rebates available through other providers in the area, including Texas Gas.
We are a weatherization contractor for the area, providing weatherization services and products that reduce energy use. Our duct repair and sealing services help you save more. Adequate attic insulation in the Austin area is a must to keep the summer heat from penetrating into your living space. Radiant barriers and solar-powered attic ventilation fans reduce solar gain, which makes your HVAC system more efficient.
For more information about the energy-saving benefits of installing a new air conditioner, heat pump or furnace, call Fox Service Company at (512) 975-3102. We back our work with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.