As cool weather approaches in the greater Austin, Texas area, folks are getting ready for winter weather. One of the best ways to prepare your heating system for cold weather is to have a tune-up. Fox Service Company offers a full range of heating, ventilation and air conditioning services, including furnace and heat pump tune-ups, to keep you comfortable throughout the year.
What Do We Do For A Tune-Up?
Tune-ups keep your HVAC system in good working order. Manufacturers recommend a tune-up in the spring for the air conditioner and in the fall for the furnace or another heating system. Our licensed HVAC professionals examine each element of the system to ensure that all components work properly and that the unit functions efficiently. According to Energy Star, annual maintenance should include:
- Calibrating thermostat.
- Lubricating all moving parts.
- Inspecting and tightening electrical connections.
- Verifying proper voltage and amperage.
- Ensuring unit turns on, runs and shuts off properly.
- Cleaning condensate system.
- Cleaning or replacing air filter.
- Inspecting ducts for leaks and poor joins.
- Inspecting and cleaning coils.
- Checking refrigerant levels.
- Cleaning and adjusting blowers.
During a heating maintenance session, we examine each component of the furnace or heating system, including:
- Inspecting gas or oil burners, connections and heat exchanger.
- Testing for carbon monoxide and other gases.
- Inspecting gas lines.
- Inspecting plenum and furnace housing for cracks or damage.
Benefits of Preventive Maintenance
Preventive maintenance reduces the likelihood of poor performance that can result in expensive furnace and heat pump repairs. In addition, well-maintained systems use less energy to operate. In contrast, poorly maintained heat pumps use up to 25% more energy. Maintenance keeps equipment running efficiently, which extends the service life. Best of all, a properly running system keeps you comfortable by minimizing temperature fluctuations and maintaining recommended humidity levels.
Call the friendly staff at Fox Service Company at (512) 817-2147 to schedule a maintenance checkup for your heat pump or furnace.