When to Replace Your Water Heater
It’s important to look for signs that you need to replace your current water heater before something malfunctions. Otherwise, you may end up dealing with a costly water leak or cold showers.
Many homes have tank-style water heaters. These water heaters hold and continuously heat a large amount of water. Here are four signs your tank model could need hot water heater replacement:
- Your water heater is more than 10 years old. Most gas and electric water heaters have a life cycle of 10 years. Even if your current water heater is running fine, you may want to start thinking about replacing it.
- You run out of hot water quickly. This is the most obvious sign that your water heater should be replaced. As a water heater ages, it’s unable to efficiently heat and deliver hot water. This goes for both electric and gas hot water heaters.
- Your water heater is making a banging noise. Over time, sediment collects in a water heater, which can cause cracking and popping noises as the sediment hardens. When this happens, the best solution is a water heater replacement.
- Your water heater is leaking. Leaks can appear as aging seals and joints stretch and contract over the years. Valves can also degrade over time. These common issues can be caught and resolved with regular maintenance; however, you will eventually need to get a new water heater.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heater Installation
You have several choices when it comes to hot water heater installation, including gas water heaters and electric water heaters. Additionally, you can choose between a standard tank water heater or a tankless model.
There are pros and cons to each type of system; however, choosing electric tankless water heater installation offers many energy-saving benefits. Here are just a few of them:
- Unlimited hot water. Tank water heaters are restricted by the size of their water tank. When the tank is refilling or reheating, you’ll have to wait for hot water. Tankless water heaters can sustain an unlimited stream of hot water.
- Higher energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters can be up to 35% more energy efficient compared to traditional tank heaters. This is because they heat water on demand rather than storing it.
- Compact size. Tankless water heaters don’t require a lot of space. They can be installed on the wall or under a sink.
- Lower risk of flooding. Tankless water heaters don’t store water, so they’re less likely to experience a catastrophic leak like a tank water heater.
Once you’ve made the choice on hot water heater replacement, you won’t have to worry about maintenance. Our Complete Comfort Club is a worry-free maintenance program that also covers required annual maintenance for your heating and cooling system. As a valued member, you’ll also enjoy exclusive repair discounts and priority service. When you need water heater repair, we’re here 24/7 to take your call.
Looking to learn more about if a tankless water heater is right for your home? Call our water heater specialists at 512-442-6782 to schedule your free estimate today.
*Fox Service Company guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Fox Service Company. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Fox Service Company technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Fox Service Company of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.