Once you’ve recognized that there’s a problem, the next step is to narrow down potential causes. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons why your heat pump is not working properly. At Fox Service Company, our pros specialize in finding the culprit of the problem quickly to save you time and money.
Here are a few likely reasons why your heat pump isn’t working properly.
- There’s an issue with the thermostat. Your thermostat is a vital piece of any HVAC system, directing your heat pump to adjust your home to the preferred temperature. If it’s not working correctly, your heat pump won’t either. Don’t forget to double check that the thermostat settings are correct before you assume there’s a problem.
- An key component has broken or failed. There are a few moving parts in your heat pump. If one of them breaks down or malfunctions, your heat pump will often struggle to run normally or even at all. Routine heat pump maintenance can help prevent this.
- Lack of routine maintenance. To keep your heat pump in the best possible condition, you should have maintenance performed twice a year. During this service, we’ll inspect, lubricate and clean crucial components. A smoothly running heat pump could result in lower energy bills and could even boost your heat pump’s overall life span. We offer a Complete Comfort Club that ensures you’re on top of routine maintenance. You’ll receive annual tune-ups for your heating and cooling, plus priority service, exclusive repair discounts and more.
- Your air filter is clogged. Like any other HVAC system, your heat pump uses an air filter to prevent dust and other pollutants from entering your home’s air. If you don’t change the filter frequently, it can become clogged. Your heat pump will have to work much harder to provide the same amount of heating or cooling, which can increase your energy bill.
- Your heat pump is getting old. Heat pumps can last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. But the older they get, the more prone they are to needing repairs. If yours is getting old, it may time to consider getting a new one.
SCHEDULE YOUR HEAT PUMP REPAIR TODAY WITH FOX SERVICE COMPANY
Fox Service Company stands apart from other HVAC companies because we start our process with a free estimate and a free second opinion on HVAC, Water Heater repairs and/or replacement, and back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.* You can count on us to provide fast, friendly service when hands-on expertise is required.
Give us a call at 512-387-3725 or contact us online to schedule an appointment now.
*Fox Service Company guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Fox Service Company. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Fox Service Company technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Fox Service Company of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.