What’s Considered Experienced Air Conditioning Maintenance
Our experts will clean and examine important pieces of your air conditioner. This can help our experts identify little issues to prevent them from being bigger issues that initiate a breakdown.
Here’s a few of the steps we’ll take throughout your inspection appointment:
- Test your thermostat and other system controls for accurate start-up, running and shut-down sequences. This helps your cooling equipment run at peak execution.
- Grease moving parts to keep them running properly. Parts that aren’t greased can grate, causing them to give out.
- Clear the condensate drain line to help clear leak-causing blockage.
- Attach electrical connections to be certain your air conditioner is cooling safely.
- Straighten bent condenser coil fins, which could impact cooling performance when they’re misshapen.
How to Maintain Your Air Conditioner
Here are a few ways to aid in keeping your AC running effectively in between tune-ups.
- Allow for enough open space around your air conditioner. Your outdoor cooling equipment, known as a condenser unit, needs area to work properly. We suggest placing flowers, bushes and shrubs no less than two feet away from it.
- Eliminate grass clippings. It’s a good idea to inspect your outdoor condenser for twigs, leaves and other yard waste that’s gathered around it. This debris could decrease your system’s airflow and press it to function harder. Whenever you mow, trim weeds or rake, turn off your AC at the thermostat. At that point, make sure the exterior of your system is clear of grass clippings and leaves.
- Replace air filters. This is frequently one of the most overlooked parts of maintenance. If you don’t change the air filters as needed, it can ultimately damage your air conditioner. A blocked filter can drive up your energy bill, decrease your home’s air quality and run down your air conditioner sooner. To prevent this, we advise switching your air filter every 90 days at minimum.
Never Forget Your Air Conditioning Maintenance Again
At Fox Service Company, we’re a whole-home service company that enjoys to make things easier for everyone. We understand you have other things on your calendar.
With our Complete Comfort Club, you won’t have to be concerned about maintenance at any time. This straightforward service agreement contains each needed annual tune-ups for your equipment, plus exclusive repair discounts and other exclusive bonuses.
Contact us at 512-442-6782 or ask your friendly technician for more details.
*Fox Service Company guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Fox Service Company. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Fox Service Company technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Fox Service Company of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.