Having a professional plumber complete your water heater installation provides lots of pluses. From a free estimate to supporting our labor with a 100% satisfaction guarantee,* you’ve made a smart choice when you choose Fox Service Company.
When to Get a New Water Heater
It’s important to be aware of signs that you need to replace your current water heater before a leak takes place. Otherwise, you may find yourself dealing with an expensive water leak or frigid showers.
Many houses have standard tank-style water heaters. Tank water heaters store and continuously heat a large amount of water. Here are four indications that you may require hot water heater replacement:
- Your water heater is past 10 years old. Many gas and electric water heaters last for about 12 years. Even if your current water heater is heating correctly, you may want to think about installing a new one, especially if it hasn’t been adequately tuned up annually.
- You don’t have enough hot water. This is a typical sign that you need a new water heater. As a water heater gets older, it gets more difficult to efficiently heat and provide heated water. This happens to both electric and gas water heaters.
- Your water heater is making a banging noise. Sediment accumulates in a water heater over the years, which can result in popping noises as that sediment calcifies. When this occurs, the best solution is a water heater replacement.
- Your water heater is leaking. Leaks can happen as seals and joints enlarge and get smaller over the years. Valves might also become damaged. These ordinary problems can be caught and repaired with yearly maintenance; however, you will eventually need to buy a new water heater.
Perks of Tankless Water Heater Installation
You have lots of possibilities relating to hot water heater installation, which involves gas water heaters and electric water heaters. Plus, you can choose between a standard tank water heater or a tankless water heater. There are pros and cons to both models; however, a tankless water heater installation has a lot of attractive perks. Here’s just a few of them:
- Limitless hot water. Tank water heaters keep and continuously heat water. But when the tank is filling up or reheating, you’ll have to wait a while for hot water. Tankless water heaters can deliver an unlimited source of hot water.
- Enhanced energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters are typically as much as 35% more energy efficient than regular water heaters, depending on your family’s demands. This is due to the fact they heat water on demand as opposed to keeping it.
- Compact. Tankless water heaters don’t need a lot of area. They can be mounted out of the way on an interior or exterior wall, or even below a sink.
- Decreased risk of flooding. Tankless water heaters don’t hold water, so they’re less likely to experience a catastrophic failure like a tank water heater.
Once you’ve made a choice for hot water heater replacement, you won’t have to worry about maintenance. Our Complete Comfort Club is a headache-free maintenance program that also includes required regular maintenance for your heating and cooling system, plus a whole-home plumbing inspection each year. As an appreciated member, you’ll also receive special repair discounts and priority repairs. When you have to have water heater repair, we’re available 24/7 to take your call.
Want to hear more about if a tankless water heater is a good fit for your house? Get in touch with our water heater professionals at 512-442-6782 to request your free estimate right away.
*Fox Service Company guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Fox Service Company. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Fox Service Company technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Fox Service Company of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.